Safety and Security Research Symposium
The Research Symposium 2021 is the main event of the 10th anniversary of the Tampere Region Safety and Security Cluster. This year the Research symposium will be arranged as an online event in connection with the Leadership Symposium which also celebrates its 10 years of operation.
The main plenary session of the Research Symposium will be held under the theme Responding to Crisis and Security threats.
The programme of the Plenary Session is as follows:
- Teija Tiilikainen, Director, European Centre of Excellence for Countering Hybrid Threats: New security threats and how to address them
- Marko Lehti, Deputy Director of Tampere Peace Research Institute: COVID-19 and crisis of liberal multilateralism
- Meri Koivusalo, professor of Global Health and Development, Tampere University: Societal challenges for health security
- Chair: Sirpa Virta, Professor of Security Governance, Tampere University
There will be 12 thematic sessions on topics such as:
- health security,
- safety and security of educational institutions,
- preparedness and crisis management,
- environmental safety,
- cyber security,
- event security and
- security aspects of artificial intelligence.
The language of the event is English. The event is free of charge and it is directed at all who are interested in the safety and security issues. The registration, however, is required.