2015 Europol-INTERPOL Cybercrime Conference Taking Place in The Hague
The 3rd Europol-INTERPOL Cybercrime Conference will be held at Europol’s European Cybercrime Centre (EC3) in The Hague, again showing the importance of The Hague as cyber security capital of Europe after the Global Conference on CyberSpace 2015.. The three-day event, taking place from 30 September – 2 October 2015, will bring together the top executives of cybercrime units from around the world in order to further strengthen their cooperation.
The Europol-INTERPOL Cybercrime Conference is an innovative joint initiative that was first held in The Hague in 2013. It is hosted alternatively by the Europol’s European Cybercrime Centre in The Hague and the INTERPOL Global Complex for Innovation in Singapore. Building upon the success of previous years, some 350 experts are expected to convene in The Hague to discuss the latest cybercrime threats and trends, as well as the practical aspects of recent cybercrime cases.
In 2015, the agenda will be structured around the following topics:
- Recent cybercrime threats;
- Building capabilities to fight cybercrime;
- International operational cooperation frameworks;
- Fighting the abuse of virtual currencies;
- Outcome of the Global Conference on CyberSpace (GCCS) 2015 for law enforcement;
- Alignment and coordination of innovation and R&D;
- Cybercrime evolution in Africa;
- Cybercrime cases / operational lessons learnt.
The first two days of the conference are open to representatives from all sectors, whilst the final day is restricted to law enforcement only.