Winners of Cyber Security tender announced
Eight entrepreneurs with a proposal to increase digital security in the Netherlands will be given the opportunity to develop their ideas into a prototype. The selected entrepreneurs (four are already HSD-partner) will receive support from the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs. The entrepreneurs will be allocated a maximum budget of €300.000 and a time-frame of 1.5 years.
The eight winning projects are:
- InfoSecure – Alert Project: “Cyber security and the human factor”
- Software Improvement Group B.V.: “Cyber security: by coincidence or by design?”
- Coblue: “Secure information grid”
- Thales Nederland B.V. Huizen: “CyberDEW”
- BusinessForensics: “Realtime monitoring and Adaptive Cyber Intelligence”
- Atos Consulting: “Project Een Extra Zintuig”
- Sightes BV: “Threat Battle / TRB”
- Compumatica secure networks B.V.: “Secure BYOD”
Sixteen companies and eleven knowledge institutions are involved in the above mentioned eight projects. In these projects, companies work together with scientist, end-users and generally also with other companies.
Selection out of 46 proposals
Last year, 46 proposals were submitted by participants. An independent committee of experts has concluded that the eight selected proposals were the best. Entrepreneurs are expected to launch the products autonomously after they present they reveal their prototypes in early 2015.
SBIR Cyber Security
The ministries of Economic Affairs, Defence, Home Affairs and Security & Justice are together allocating a budget of €2.26 million for the SBIR Cyber Security initiative. Through this initiative the government is challenging entrepreneurs to tackle societal issues with innovative products and services.