New Chairman HSD Advisory Board
On 8 April 2019, the HSD Advisory Board was officially established. The Advisory Board advises the General Director on the thematic programming in which the HSD foundation is involved and on its substantive strategic course. On 15 June 2020, a new chairman of the HSD Advisory Board was appointed: Erwin Muller (Dean, Chair and Professor at Leiden University). He succeeds Karel Luyben.
Joris den Bruinen, General Director HSD: "After his role as HSD Board member, Karel Luyben was committed to kick-start the new advisory board as part of the new governance, for a one year term. We would like to thank him for helping shape the new governance model with his knowledge and enthusiasm. He promoted the use of the experience and network of our board members, which will enhance our innovative security programmes now and in the future. We are thankful for his work and wish him all the best with his many endeavors. Such as his role as national coordinator on open science."
The members of the Advisory Board have been appointed on personal title. They represent a mix of triple helix organisations and different substantive backgrounds and will meet three times a year. During the meeting on 15 June the topics 'holistic approach on cyber security' and the new HSD policy strategy 2021-2025 were discussed.
"Erwin Muller: “As Dean of the Leiden University in the Hague, I’m interested in making connections with key players in the region. My ambition is to combine the educational and research interests of the university with relevant societal issues. One of those issues is digital security, a field in which HSD operates. HSD shares my view that in order to innovate it’s necessary for knowledge institutions, businesses and government organisations to join forces across borders.”
The HSD Advisory Board members are:
- Chairman: Erwin Muller ( Leiden University, Dean, Chair and Professor)
- Inge Bryan (Deloitte, Partner Cyber Risk Services and Public Policy Leader)
- Willem Offerhaus (KPN, Executive Vice President executive relations and special projects)
- Elsine van Os (Signpost Six, Founder and CEO)
- Jan van den Berg (Emeritus Professor Cyber Security Delft University of Technology and Leiden University)
- Erik Ploegmakers (Fox-IT, CEO)
- Berry Vetjens (TNO, Director IT and innovations)
- Han Biemans (The Hague University of Applied Sciences, Dean of Faculty IT & Design)