Cyber Trade Mission to Maryland and Washington D.C.
From 15 October until 20 October 2023, members of the PIB Cybersecurity US programme embark on a Cyber Trade Mission to Maryland and Washington D.C. The companies joining this mission include aXite Security Tools, DTACT, EclecticIQ, ON2IT, Radically Open Security and Ubiqu.
The Washington D.C. area ranks as the 5th largest regional economy in the United States. It also boasts one of the world's top three regional cybersecurity ecosystems, making it interesting for foreign cybersecurity companies to explore the US market.
During the trip, participants will immerse themselves in a series of strategic meetings and discussions. From panel discussions to company visits, this mission brings together knowledge, networking and strategy, with a safe digitizing society as a shared goal.
The first two days have already seen a lot of activities including:
- Consultation with Betram Boie from the World Bank to discuss cyber projects.
- Dialogue about cybersecurity with Jason Olson and Christopher Boyer from AT&T and Paul Eisler from US Telecom.
- A full day at the Dutch Embassy in Washington DC with sessions on:
- U.S. policy and impact
- Cybersecurity in the medical field with OS/ONC
- Cigna and the First Health Advisory
- a panel on cybersecurity in the financial sector
- B2B matchmaking opportunities, hosted by Transfer
Also on the agenda:
- A 'Cyber Roundtable', organised by FCEDA
- Interactive sessions with Dreamport, MISI and the Howard County Development at the Maryland Innovation Center
- Visits to cybersecurity entities such as Mandiant, MITTRE and MACH37
- A session with the cyber team of the Transport Security Administration
- Panel with the Mayor of The Hague (Jan van Zanen), Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA), and Dragosabout critical infrastructure and the importance of workforce in the cybersecurity environment
This mission is organised as part of the PIB Cybersecurity US, a 3-year programme coordinated by InnovationQuarter, Security Delta (HSD), the Netherlands Economic Network in the United States and Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO).