Join the Odyssey Hackathon 2020!
From April 3 – April 5, the Odyssey Hackathon takes place in Groningen. The Odyssey Hackathon provides a new space where everyone (and everything) can become part of a solution to a 21st century challenge.
The challenges that will be tackled during the Hackathon are complex problems that involve multiple stakeholders and cannot be solved by a single company, industry, or state. They have a global societal and economic impact and are tied to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
The following challenges are presented by partners and/or are most relevant for the HSD-network:
- CONSCIOUS CITIES - SCALABLE AND INCLUSIVE LIVING LABS: City of The Hague
- CONSCIOUS CITIES - DRIVING ADOPTION OF LIVING LABS: City of The Hague
- PUBLIC SAFETY AND SECURITY - INCLUSIVE SAFETY COMMUNITIES: Police and IFV
- PUBLIC SAFETY AND SECURITY - OPEN-SOURCE 911 FOR DIGITAL SPACE: Province of Groningen and Cybersecurity Noord-Nederland
- SELF-SOVEREIGN IDENTITY IN ACTION: Dutch Blockchain Coalition and Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations
- A DIGITAL ARCHITECTURE FOR PEACE: Business Plan for Peace and Ministry of Defence
At the fourth edition of the Hackathon, 105 selected teams will collaborate with corporates, governments, and non-profits to create solutions to how we organise society in the 21st century. The areas where teams can make an impact range from energy transition, logistics, urban infrastructure, healthcare, public safety to nature conservation and digital identity. All teams will be provided with access to ecosystems related to their challenge for further prototype development and pilot launch after the hackathon.
Registration will be open on 20 January. For more information and to register, click here.
On 4 and 5 February there will be a knowledge exchange event in preparation for the Hackathon. For more information and to apply for this event, click here.