ECSO ‘Cybersecurity Made in Europe' Label
Security Delta (HSD) is an official issuing partner of ECSO’s ‘Cybersecurity Made In Europe’ label. This label serves as a market differentiator based on geographic location. The label raises awareness of the strategic value of cybersecurity companies that have their origins in Europe, and that develop their business based on European values. The label increases the visibility of companies to potential business partners, end users, and investors in cybersecurity.
ECSO (European Cybersecurity Organisation) is a European non-profit organization and partner of the European Commission for the implementation of public-private partnerships in the field of cybersecurity. In addition, ECSO is a recognized player in the European institutional landscape. ECSO supports all kinds of initiatives and projects that aim to develop and promote European cybersecurity.
Both ECSO as owner of the label and HSD as issuing body can withdraw the label at any time if it appears that a company does not fulfill its obligations, misuses the label or does not (any longer) meet the requirements.
Who are eligible for the ECSO label
You are eligible for the ECSO label if the following criteria are met:
- Based in Europe: the company must be registered and headquartered in Europe. If the company is part of a larger group, the group must be registered in Europe.
- European ownership: there should be no predominance of foreign owners in the ownership circle.
- Europe is the primary market: the company must document that more than 50% of their cybersecurity R&D and more than 50% of their employees are located in the EU27, EFTA, EEA countries and/or the UK.
- Credible products and services: the company must certify that they meet the basic requirements of ENISA’s ‘Indispensable baseline security requirements for secure ICT products and services’.
- Data and privacy: the company must certify that it complies with the requirements of the AVG/GDPR.
Procedure for obtaining the ECSO label
The following documents must be filled out or drawn up:
- Application form ‘Cybersecurity Made in Europe’’, download here.
- Factsheet about the company (this is not a document, see what should be in the factsheet in the checklist)
- Dutch Chamber of Commerce extract*
- Declaration on ENISA’s ‘Indispensable baseline security requirements for secure ICT products and services’, download here.
- Signed letter (from CEO) and payment commitment, download here.
The documents required above must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state ‘ECSO label’ in the subject field.
The documents are then reviewed and we will contact you to coordinate the details. Are you requesting the label before August 22nd 2022? Then you will receive a response within one week. Are you requesting the label after August 22nd 2022? In that case we aim to respond within four weeks.
How long is the label valid?
The label is valid for a period of 12 months. If the company wishes to continue to wear the label after the validity has expired, it undertakes to indicate all relevant changes that have taken place since the last label check and approval. Renewal of the label will take place after documentation is received. HSD will contact the company in due time.
What costs are associated with the label?
Fees will be charged for issuing the label and checking applications. The price for carrying the label is €1000 per year. An adjusted annual price of €500 applies to partners of HSD and members of Cyberveilig Nederland.
For more information about the label, please contact us via email@example.com.
*For non-Dutch stakeholders
In principle, HSD is only an issuer of the label for companies established in the Netherlands. If you are a foreign company and would like to get in touch with other European qualified issuance partners, please visit ECSO’s webpage and check out the other providers: https://ecs-org.eu/initiatives/cybersecurity-made-in-europe . If there is no issuing authority in your European country of residence, HSD will assess on a case-by-case basis whether an application will be processed.