Soft-Landing at the City of Surrey (Canada)
Are you looking to expand internationally and are you interested in Canada?
Since 2018, The Hague Security Delta has an agreement with multiple international cybersecurity clusters to support HSD partners to enter new international markets: The Global EPIC Soft-Landing Program. Every month we put one of them in the spotlight. This month we highlight Canada and the hub City of Surrey in Surrey (British Columbia). As an HSD partner you can take part in the Global EPIC Soft-Landing Program free of charge.
Ultimately, the Global EPIC Soft-Landing Program provides a low risk entry trial to companies and entrepreneurs entering a new international market, accessing the resources they need to more readily tap into commercial opportunities by connecting with new partners, recruiting talented employees, joining incubator facilities, closing new deals, and possibly setting up a permanent presence in the market.
The bilingual country Canada offers advantages in terms of location, with easy accessible airports and public transport. Canada offers opportunities for larger companies, but start-ups and scale-ups get the help needed to develop the company. With its skilled workforce and low operating costs, it is the ideal environment to expand your business.
Surrey has invested $300,000 in its innovation ecosystem over the last 5 years. This is not all! Also take the following advantages in consideration:
- Less than an hour from 3 international airports
- Efficient highway access across Canada and the United States and local and regional train services
- Business and growth advisory services
- Grants, loans, & tax credits that can help with start-up costs, research & development, and employment
- Hundreds of tech companies call the region home, including Microsoft and Frozen Mountain
- A young, diverse and skilled population