Kick-Off Cyber Security Week 2023 in The Hague
In the morning of 2 October, the Cyber Security Week kicked-off at the HSD Campus in The Hague. International delegations from Canada, Sweden Taiwan, France, Spain, Germany and international journalists joined a special programme introducing them to the Dutch cybersecurity ecosystem.
The attendees were welcomed by Marijn Fraanje, Head of the Economic Department of the Hague. Security Delta (HSD) and InnovationQuarter gave insights into the Dutch cybersecurity landscape & doing business in the Netherlands. In addition, there were network opportunities, speed dating and several break out sessions about:
- How to do business with NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCI Agency) / the Dutch MOD
- Taking awareness international by Arda
- State of the OT landscape of the Netherlands and beyond by aXite Security Tools
The journalists also joined an HSD Campus tour. They visited amongst others the Digital Forensics IoT Lab, where Jos Griffioen of the University of Applied Sciences Leiden explained how students are working at the lab to do research and develop skills to recover data from all kind of smart devices connected to the internet. In addition, they were treated to a demo of a hackers drone.
Cyber Security Week 2023
The Cyber Security Week takes place from 2 till 6 October in The Hague and will be all about cyber security. During this week many events take place where you can get access to cyber security knowledge, talent, capital, market and innovation. Amongst the ONE Conference, ECSO Cyber Investors Days, SME cyber crisis exercise and Women in cyber event. In addition, it provides opportunities to network, meet key players, discuss the latest security developments, share knowledge and create awareness.
The CSW is organised by the municipality of The Hague in close collaboration with many partners. Together we Secure the Future!
More info: www.cybersecurityweek.nl
Publications journalist media tour:
The visit led to the following publications written by journalists in de delegation:
- Dina Temple-Raston wrote an article for The Record: https://therecord.media/coalition-to-give-ngos-free-access-to-cyber-services-netherlands
- Chris Price wrote an article for Tech Digest: https://www.techdigest.tv/2023/10/hack-the-hague.html
- Ben Schwan wrote an article for Heise: https://www.heise.de/news/Hack-the-Hague-Warum-sich-eine-Stadtverwaltung-hacken-laesst-9331955.html
Watch the recap videos of the Cyber Securit Week:
One Conference 2023:
Hack the Hague:
ONE Talent Hub: