Baltimore, MD 21228
Our great surroundings and crossroads location in Maryland USA are important. But even more powerful: we are a community of like-minded innovators who are changing the world every day.
Our management team matches businesses at different stages to the spaces and the services they need. Next door is UMBC, a research university known nationally for its innovations in STEM education. Just down the road are BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport, Ft. Meade, NSA, NIST and NIH. We are more than just a research park or business incubator – we are a home for your technology business!
what we do
- Help start-up technology companies succeed and grow, while also supporting emerging and established companies network, find talent and expand
- Make valuable connections between visiting companies, academic institutions and bwtech businesses.
- Drive economic growth, creating 1500 jobs and nearly 4000 spin-off jobs, $500M in personal income and business sales, $4M in local taxes and almost $9M in state taxes.
what we offer
- 525,000 square feet of flexible and well-outfitted office and wet-lab space on 71 park-like acres plus free parking.
- Top-notch entrepreneurial resources, mentors and in-house training programs.
- Access to outstanding UMBC faculty, student talent and robust core facilities.
- Cost-efficient affiliate program with shared co-working space including all of our business support services.
bwtech@UMBC and HSD are partners within the Global Ecosystem of Ecosystems Partnership in Innovation and Cybersecurity (Global EPIC). This initiative has been founded to enable the future securely through the development and sharing of new knowledge in the field of cyber security – leading to societal, economic and technological impact in a timely fashion. It will do this by building a global community of innovation ecosystems who will collaborate on projects and share expertise through an expanding network of diverse organizations. This initiative will see 14 global ecosystems co-creating and adopting world-changing solutions to high-impact cybersecurity challenges, both current and emergent. The ecosystems involved come from over 10 different countries spanning three continents, reflecting the truly global nature of the partnership.