We are the institution in charge of promoting the exportation of Costa Rican goods and services throughout the world. Additionally, we simplify and facilitate the exportation procedures, we generate exportation chains, we register exportation statistics of goods, and we perform market studies.
We are responsible for:
- Designing and coordinating programs related to exports.
- Technical and financing support for the Ministry of Foreign Commerce (COMEX), to administer the special exportation regimes.
- Promoting and protecting the country’s commercial interests abroad.
- Centralizing and streamlining the importation and exportation processes.
- Following foreign commerce statistics.
PROCOMER and HSD are partners within the Global Ecosystem of Ecosystems Partnership in Innovation and Cybersecurity (Global EPIC). This initiative has been founded to enable the future securely through the development and sharing of new knowledge in the field of cyber security – leading to societal, economic and technological impact in a timely fashion. It will do this by building a global community of innovation ecosystems who will collaborate on projects and share expertise through an expanding network of diverse organizations. This initiative will see 14 global ecosystems co-creating and adopting world-changing solutions to high-impact cybersecurity challenges, both current and emergent. The ecosystems involved come from over 10 different countries spanning three continents, reflecting the truly global nature of the partnership.